THE 2005-2006 AGENCY OF THE YEAR
BY THE INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENTS OF INDIANA (IIAI)
HBG Insurance & Bonds is committed to being one of the premier independent insurance agencies in Central Indiana. Our commitment is to provide customers with the best insurance value and service available, while maintaining the highest ethical standards and credibility with our clients, carriers, and the public.
HBG Insurance & Bonds is a general independent insurance agency with a broad range of Commercial, Personal, Life, and Health products. We've aligned ourselves with some of the finest carriers to deliver these products to you.
HBG Insurance and Bonds was founded in 1916 as a bonding agency by First Citizens Bank & Trust in Greencastle, Indiana. Over the next eight decades, HBG launched a concerted effort to develop commercial insurance and contract bonds in central Indiana. It has grown to be one of the most respected insurance agencies in the state, specializing in commercial insurance and bonds. HBG Insurance & Bonds' corporate headquarters are located in Greencastle, Indiana, with associated offices in Zionsville, Cloverdale, Plainfield, Rockville and Clinton, Indiana.
WHY AN INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENT?
Some people think it doesn't really matter where they buy their insurance. But this misconception could be costing them money, service and protection. Buying insurance isn't like buying bread or milk. Insurance is an important safety net for your family, your home, your car or your business. Don't treat the purchase lightly!
There is a difference in where you buy your protection. Many people don't realize there are three sources for insurance:
- Captive Agents, who can sell you the insurance products of only one company.
- Telephone Representatives, who can offer you the insurance products of one company, and only on the telephone.
- Independent Insurance Agents, who represent an average of eight insurance companies, and research with these firms to find you the best combination of price, coverage and service.
HERE ARE SOME IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT PURCHASING INSURANCE FROM AN INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENT:
- Unlike other agents, an independent insurance agent is not tied to one insurance company. You don't need to change agencies as your insurance and service needs change.
- An independent insurance agent treats you like a person, not a number. You can develop a personal relationship with your independent insurance agent. Can you do that with a voice on the phone? Your independent insurance agent has strong customer and community ties.
- An independent insurance agent offers one-stop shopping. Dealing with a direct response company or a captive agent limits you to the plans available through only one company. An independent insurance agent offers many plans through many companies, giving the consumer the potential for the broadest range of coverage at a competitive price. One call puts you in touch with someone who can do the comparison shopping for you.
- An independent insurance agent provides personalized claims service. When you purchase insurance from a direct response company or a captive agent, who is going to assist you in the event of a claim? Your independent insurance agent is there for you when you need help. Your agent can contact the insurance company and get the claim process rolling, help you fill out claim forms, advise you on the progress of your claim and work closely with the insurance company to make sure you get a prompt and fair settlement of a valid claim.